About Me

My photo
My name's Adam. I was born in California and, as you can imagine, Texas policies are much different the they are out west. I am not, nor have I ever been interested in politics, I have no political influences. I usually just rely on my father to tell me how to vote. I'm taking this class as a requirement for my major in History. As I stated before, government and politics are not my cup of tea. I do hope, though, to have a better understanding of how government works and perhaps gain an appreciation for it. And according to the political quiz, I'm a Young Outsider.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Those Who Aren't Ready for Change

    I read a blog posted in the DallasNews.com's opinion section entitled "The Disgusting, racist anti-Miles flier going around at Dade Middle School in Dallas".  In the post, the author discusses how the new DISD superintendent, Mike Miles, is receiving rather harsh scrutinies from students and staff alike via hateful fliers deeming him a self hating African-American.  Rudolf Bush, the author of the blog, gives his argument that the slanderous fliers are highly uncalled for. He states that the changes Miles is making are for the best in bettering Dallas schools, "especially in areas of poverty".
    I, for one, have to agree with Bush.  Having been educated in both the Dallas and Arlington school districts in north Texas, I can honestly say that reform is needed and starting with the poverty stricken schools was the right call.  The fact that this was turned into a racial issue means that the real problem is not being addressed, and I feel the parents of the Dallas ISD should read this passage to get their priorities straightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment